Thread: Newbie from UK
View Single Post
      09-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #24
Dung8
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmpowell View Post
Another update (sorry, I'm bored in work so I'm digging around on this issue to help fill in the gaps)...

When BMW first launched the 1M some dealer networks were loaned a 1M from BMW HQ for a limited period of time (1 or 2 weeks). The dealers were allowed to loan these cars to prospective customers etc.

After a bit of digging it looks like your car was loaned to Sytner group at some point, who in turn loaned it out to prospective customers for extended test drives (Kanaga being one of them). It also appeared in Canary Wharf a few weeks later for a Photoshoot.

With that in mind, it might not have ever made it out to the motoring press, but it was certainly a BMW UK loan/press car.

Does it still wear the "BMW UK" number plates or have they been changed for dealer named plates?

Don't apologize. Thank you for all your help.

They are "vines guildford" plates.

I was aware it was a BMW car as I could see on the v5 and the fact he told me, but he said someone at bmw was running it not that it was a press car, I would have remembered!

With this in mind what should I do, just clarify with the dealer over an email that it was fully checked before sale? Surely I can't ask for anything now that I own it.

Obviously I checked the car over before purchasing it, and its in great condition, and overall am very happy with it.

As long as it was not driven to death, I can deal with it going on extended test drives as it was the spec I wanted.

Any further advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by Dung8; 09-26-2012 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: Forgot to say.. Will this effect future resale
Appreciate 0