No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhill19 View Post
oh, and N55 cars have shorter shifts than N54 platforms in the OEM unit...not by much but some guys said it feels a world of difference, I've only driven 1 car with a really good short shifter and I loved it, but after about 30 mins of city driving it became a pain in the a**. not sure if this will really stiffen up the clutch or not

Shifter throws...

N55 stock = 70 mm's
N54 stock = 80 mm's
N54 w/Perf SSK = 55 mm's

I really think you could just use/order the Perf shift lever arm and get 80% for the SSK feel. Or... IF you really wanted to do it right... order the N54 perf SSK. Someone needs to get some balls and just go ahead and try it.

There was one SSK for the 1M (I forget who was selling it.. it might have been Turner ?) and they were using the N54 cross bar/cradle that the shifter lever sits on. Then they just used their inhouse shift lever with their "kit". They wanted close to $500 for that.
Dack, was it the UUC kit from Turner I listed above? It's a SSK with a replacement selector arm from TMS for $480. I don't see any others that are direct replacements for the N55 OEM unit

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0