View Single Post
      05-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #167
djej
Electronaut
Rep
Drives: ActiveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
MITE46's post above made me laugh. I have a neighbor (female, late 50s, single...in case anyone's interested LOL) that traded in her Lexus SC430 for a Tesla because "...gas prices are so high now." Then, only a few months later, she bought a Cayenne GTS because she needed a "practical" car, too.

Anyway, back on topic! So, I'm curious, how realistic is the 100-mile range? I think about my commute (70 miles round trip daily) and I wonder if the Active E could actually deal with that.
The ActiveE would be very practical. The range, in non-Eco Pro mode for me is about 85 miles on a full charge. I happen to charge my vehicle at work most of the time since work pays for the electricity, making it even more financially beneficial to me, but even if you don't the ActiveE would make a 70 mile roundtrip commute easily. Several of ActiveE drivers have one way commutes of 70+ miles and then rely on the time at work to charge up. Another important thing to remember is that the car uses virtually no electricity when stopped, so if you happen to get caught in a bad traffic jam there is very little worry of running out of electricity from it.
Appreciate 0