View Single Post
      04-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #22
TMR013
Opus Angelus
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Wow. Well.. to be absolutely honest... I would *definitely* describe the S2000 as twitchy at the limit. It doesn't seem that way in normal driving or even in track driving, but put an S2000 in a slalom in an autocross, perhaps throw in some uneven spacing and the rear definitely acts like it has an invitation to swap ends. It's not HORRIBLE.. and you can catch it... (or else I would then say it is Horrible!) but it is a little surprising, particularly when compared with say... a Mazda Miata, which doesn't feel the least bit twitchy. Actually.. now that I think of it... the Z3M is very similar, and I don't think this was completely exorcised in the Z4M... Perhaps it's just a function of short wheel base vehicles, and the further from 50/50 front/rear weight distribution .. the worse it is. I got a chance to run the 1M through a slalom several times, but it was wet, so ultimate grip was not there. From my experiences thus far, I agree.. The 1M is more composed than the S2K or the Z3/Z4M.

I'm definitely curious to hear your thoughts after you get your 1M.
That's interesting becuase I used to have an S2000 and I would never use the word 'twitchy' to describe it. Even at the limit. That car was always rock solid, even on an uneven surface. It always amazed me. That was one of the reasons it was so fun to drive
Appreciate 0