View Single Post
      10-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #14
Vtec Abuser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT View Post
Just a question? Are u shifting the car in manual mode, or letting the car shift itself in sport mode? What Icon is in the driver's display when you are using launch control? I'm thinking that something else is wrong just based on you 60' foot times, but your trap speed is very respectable for just a stage I tune. BTW, which tune are you using?
M mode and chequered flag on view, so definitely LC. But no matter what I did when using it, the stability/traction control light would start flashing and would cut the power in 1st gear every time (hence the poor 60ft time).
I am quite experienced on the 1/4 mile and managed a 12.7 @ 114mph from my Mk5 Golf GTI in full road trim, standard road rubber and no diff. But the LC on that allowed you to dial in whatever revs you want under the default 3k (something the DCT won't allow) and also had stability/traction off when in use. Still wasn't easy though putting the same power as the 1er through the front wheels with no diff or sticky rubber.. Even that managed a 2.28 60ft though... Just shows what a problem this LC is causing..

Software is DMS mate..
Appreciate 0