View Single Post
      01-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #17
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
MTF-LT-3 or any of the later fluids; LT-4, LT-5...

I am not sure who makes it. I think it is made by: Pentosin

But I found this ZF document(bellow) and it looks like Castrol does make it as well. But also Pentosin does so too. So I am not sure.

I know for MTF-LT-5 (the fluid used in the 1M and also 135is w/N55 trans), you can use the Porsche DKG (DCT) fluid made by Pentosin. So I think maybe Pentosin makes it for Castrol ? Or maybe they both make equivalent fluids. ?

http://www.profitoleje.pl/files/pent...ENTOSIN_ZF.pdf

You can find some places online that sell the MTF fluids... but it seems like all of them just buy it from BMW AG so why not just save yourself the markup and buy it direct! Some dealers sell it by the 500ml and some only in a 5L jug. My dealer sold it to me by the 500ml and put it in a 5L trans jug for me. You will need 2.1L for the manual trans fluid change. But really, I would use Red Line's AFT-D4 or D6(thinner than D4) in your manual trans. My trans shifts so much smoother with the Red Line ATF.

I forgot how much I paid per 500ml for the MTF-LT4 fluid from my bmw dealer. It wasn't cheap! I think close to 75 euros for the 2.5L I bought from them. Buy the Red Line for $15 per liter!

I bought my Castrol SAF-XJ 75w140 GL5, diff oil from an OEM German parts store. 9 euros per 500ml. The 135i diff holds 1.2L.

Attachment 807791
Thank You so much Dack will see for redline ATF though I am little worry about cold winters will Redline be alright for -30 -25 degrees?

Also I saw Redline Diff fluid 80w140
Appreciate 0