01-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I don't get it. Don't both of you guys plan on keeping your 1M's for the long run? You should be changing your oil more often. Especially since your doing track events.

I also have already had an unscheduled change at 2100 miles... so the current oil only has about 1500 miles on it. I'm just wondering what the dealer will do when I show up again and it's only been about 3000 miles..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN View Post
I did a Blackstone oil analysis after my second, unscheduled change and nothing in it suggested that more frequent changes were needed.

Neil
I am also a big believer in oil analysis... on my 2005 Subaru I have sent in the oil samples religiously and been advised that even after 8000 miles the Castrol Full synthetic oil that I use is in great condition and they have encouraged extending the interval to 9K. Their recommendations notwithstanding.. I typically change the oil on that vehicle twice a year.. which is about 7500 miles. it currently has 107K miles and no oil related issues.

I'll certainly begin using Blackstone as I begin to do my own oil changes.. but at the current rate... seems like I won't even get to 3500 miles anyway.. If BMW keeps replacing the oil based on the car prompting for a change.. I'm going to get 2-3 oil changes a year from them ..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 01-19-2012 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 0