View Single Post
      12-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #91
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_135i View Post
RPI - When do you think the exhaust will be completed? and ready for sale/shipment?
THe hold up was really trying to find another car to confirm the exhaust abilities on the dyno. We should have the exhaust ready to ship around a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post
The difference might be between the tunes. Do you know what kind of boos that other tune was running compared to yours? Also do you accept kidneys? lol I wish I could afford this.
I am running around 10psi. The exhaust did bring the boost up a little, particularly on the bottom end.

The exhaust is a pretty unique design. Regardless of what the wanna be genius' say on the forums, we do what works even though its not what they are used to hearing. The exhaust is dual up front. We hand craft a special resonator that brings the two tubes together into a single 3". Towards the rear, the exhaust is then split again into 2 manifolds (one on each side) and then the quad tips. The reason this is done is so there is quick boost response for good low end power. The changing of diameters is for the purpose of exhaust velocity. If you run large piping throughout, part of the powerband is going to be hurting. We arent working on honda cars here where you get power at a billion rpm, PEAK. A good broad power band is what makes your car faster.
Appreciate 0