02-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #24
J Tyler
My ride: bimmergirl84
United_States
Rep
Drives: For free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Thanks Jeff. Everything you have said tells me that my set up in the rear isn't too bad. Yeah ideally I want to get a bit more power down ability, but I also want good cornering grip. I think the only way to solve this opposing requirements is to get new wheels that will also wider tyres while retaining the camber. I will have to play around with things a little on the next few track days. My car is not a street car in the sense that it doesn't see many street miles. So I am not concerned about tyre wear at all.
Yep! You're definitely in the ballpark, and probably about as good as you can be with stock arms & pickup points.

I think the best situation would be to make roll center adjusters that lower the outside contact point of the lower control arms in the rear (where the arm connects to the upright). That would let you run the same static camber (-2.1* or whatever you want), while gain you more dynamic camber in bump. Basically you'd have more camber while cornering and the same camber as before during braking/straights, with something in between for the track-out (putting power down) part of the corner.
Appreciate 0