Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 135iM

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Tyler View Post
2) 225w is pretty narrow, meaning that in general you'll have to run slightly higher tire pressure than you would with a wider tire (due to the fact that a narrower tire operates at a higher slip angle to produce the same grip that a wider tire could produce at a lower slip angle, and therefore generates more heat, requiring a higher pressure to lessen heat generation). Aside from that general truth, I need to know specifically which tire you are running to be able to give a recommendation. Also need to know what type of weather you will be running in (cold, hot?)
I am running Bridgestone Potenza RE55S Semi-slicks. Ambient temperatures are usually around 30 C (86 F), track temps obviously way hotter.

I don't know if it has any bearing on things, but pretty much the whole of SA is situated at an altitude of about 6000 ft.
2008 Alpine White 135iM, High gloss black / satin chrome trim, Xenon lights, Hi-Fi sound, ext. lighting package, BMW Performance wheels, side skirts, pedals, gear knob, exhaust, high gloss black grills, carbon mirrors, carbon decklid spoiler, 35% security laminate, Tii graphics
Appreciate 0