Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark16q View Post
Not that my Elise had a ton of power, but power to weight was crazy on this car. I had it fully setup for track use and it was indeed amazing on the track. But day in day out drove me crazy not being able to enjoy it. Time for track days became thin so it sat in the garage and I drove my Fit. Eventually sold it, got an old Miata, and had a blast. Feels fast but not so fast.

Looking for a 135i and hoping it has that same balance of fast and fun without being over the top. From what I'm reading here, they may've achieved that balance well. Now if I could just find that 6 speed....
Having had both, the 135i really is the perfect mix. I LOVE this car and I've also done some minor tweaks that have made it even more enjoyable. This car is perfect at around 350hp. I would not go beyond a COBB tune as even with that, it doesn't have enough rubber to transfer it to the pavement. My buddy from work just got a 997 Turbo and the grip and composure that car has at speed makes my 1er seem like an untamed stallion.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0