deshields
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M///M Good View Post
1) M5s are V10s.

2) Quad's aren't fake if all the pipes actually expel exhaust.

Realistically, any vehicle could get away with a single pipe. Ever seen the exhaust on school buses and commercial trucks? Anyway, does it fvcking matter what the exhaust layout is??????? I would like there to be pipes on both sides of the car. Duals or quads don't make any difference to me - I just like the symmetry. But it's not like my decision on whether or not to buy the car is going to be based on the number of exhaust tips.
Are you that annoying kid in class that points out every little mistake! Anyways, my mind sometimes drifts to the E39 M5 instead of the V10 E60 M5. Regardless, the point is, V10 or V8 there are two banks of cylinders each with its own need for exhaust. an inline-6 only needs one exhaust line. The quads on the E46 M3 are fake because they are 4 exhaust pipes coming out of one center mounted can.

For the superficiallities amongst us, then I guess an exhaust system is only a layout too look cool, but to the real gear heads here, we know its a joke, the same as a hood scoop for a car with an inline 6 cylinder. Luckily it looks like the majority of the buyers for this car will be the gearheads, the superficial car buyers can stick with their quads in another car