View Single Post
      08-11-2017, 12:58 PM   #1
jbarzelatto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Lemans

DANGEROUS! 135i N55 6mt Shutting Off After WOT. - Loose Steering wheel control

For a little background, I own a 2011 135i N55 FBO with Jb4 and Cobb Back End Flash, with Stage 2+ VTT Turbo swap.

Whats hppening is that after I do a hard WOT, the car feels a bit JERKY at one point, but when I let go of the gas, and stay in the gear im in, causing the car to brake in a way (like a downshift brake) the check engine light goes on, and the car completely shuts down!! The problem with this is that I loose control of the steering wheel, and barely have brakes. I have to completely brake, take the key out, and start again, and the problem is gone.

Something else Iv noticed, but its always been this way, is when i start the car, and its warming up, i can hear VERY short interruptions of the sound of the car, not sure if you understand. Its as if for a milisecond, the car stalls, but doesnt actually stall. i just hear un unstable sound, thats all. Its as if theres a milisecond interruption in the signal or something. Im telling you all this because maybe combining these symptoms, along with the errors below, maybe you can diagnose something. I see that most of these errors have to do with the valvetronic and ignition relays, so theres that.

Also, I had noticed that my chargepipe had a lot of oil in it. So in my head i thought that maybe the car stalls when i let go of the gas, because the throttle body closes and sucks in oil the other direction, and maybe the sensor makes the car shut off. Keep in mind that all I have to do is stop, remove the key, and restart the car and everything is ok again, until it happens again. Please your help, as this is kinda dangerous. It stalls in the middle of the highway and the steering wheel goes hard obviously, and brakes work half assed.

Please guys your help! Help me stay alive!!

The errors that showed up are the following:

371A - relay de valvetronic,
2A61 - RELAY INJECCION
2DC6 - VALVETRONIC, ACTUATOR, OR CONECTION OF THIS ONE WITH DME
2F44- COILS, SPARK PLUGS
2DB6 - RELAY VALVETRONIC
371E - RELAY DE IGNICION
Appreciate 0