06-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #16
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
No, I got my car from a guy named David, but he left pretty abruptly and James had just started a little before I left Rota. I'm not sure why, but I got the impression that Pentagon has had a bit of trouble with that little place - the staffing seems to turn over a lot, and when I was buying my car David mentioned to me that they were considering closing down because they didn't do enough volume. Seems like they sold a ton of cars to me - tons of people on base are driving new BMW's and Mini's, lol. And then I heard that you used to be able to drop off your car in Rota for home delivery when you PCS'ed back Stateside. Then for a while I guess they didn't have a contract with any carriers in Spain at all. Shortly before I left, they announced that they would be able to send cars out through Madrid, so that's how mine got out.
Ya seems like they do plenty of business to me. I am an airforce guy actually and you know here at rota our command is very small. Just in my command alone theres about 20 or 30 people with new bmws from there. Then not to mention the rest of the navy people that buy em. Ya aparently james was into some on the side stuff was the impression I got. So this time they sent down the general manager from germany to run the place.

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0