View Single Post
      05-14-2020, 09:12 PM   #3
johnr265
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

If it makes you feel any better, each of the next ones have taken a LOT more time. I worked all afternoon through 5 cylinders (1 more to go). Lots of little snafu's to be honest. First is, if you don't have a huge compressor, you can only work in about 5 second blasts which makes it hard to aim at the places you need to get to. Kind of like hitting that last pin in bowling after you knocked down 9 of them.

Second is I kept running out of media in the blaster. I actually ran through the whole bucket of walnuts, ran to the store to buy more but they were out. So, I sifted out the big pieces and reused the media and it actually seems to work OK. Wouldn't do that routinely but in a pinch, it did still work.

Third, I still needed to use a pick set to occasionally scrape some crud I just couldn't reach with the blasting. The stuff that comes out is more like tar rather than char and I didn't want to leave any walnut bits stuck in it.

When each cylinder was done though, they looked pretty clean so hopefully will be worth it in the end. Very tired right now and I have a lot more work to do after that's all done on the other parts but baby steps, right?

Last edited by johnr265; 05-14-2020 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 2
1and11858.00
///BYU268.50