12-07-2009, 12:47 AM   #42
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznbenz07 View Post
If were thinking total package, how is the 1 series the best overall total package when 1. You can't drive it as safely as the sti or evo in the winter and 2. It's literally got no space whatsoever...

I'd like to see a 1 series do this.
To youre first point, I drove my 135i vert in several deep snowfalls that we had last winter.

One night I got stuck making a 20 mile drive home at 3 am during a 1 ft snowfall we had, the roads were unplowed. I was on the highway doing about 35-40 and there was a new Jeep a few car lengths behind me. We both ended up taking the same exit ramp and I took it about 30, he followed me at the same speed an slide off of the road...he had an AWD Jeep.

While im sure an STi would have faired perfectly well in this situation, I am using it to show that the 135i can fair well in the snow, although I would always choose my dad's Mountaineer first.

and in regards to your picture I used my 135i vert to bring all of stuff with me to college. I have a lot of clothes, cleaning supplies, an xbox, computer with monitor, 3 in one printer, fridge, microwave, books, etc.

A lot of crap to carry, and I still had the top down.

Appreciate 0