IZZY79
Private
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 1M 2012 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapter View Post
BMW people,

While cornering right I get a tick-----tick----tick--- when I really corner hard, such as when decreasing a radius while in a turn without increasing cornering speed, I get tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t,t - and so on.

I am only hearing it from the left side front wheel and it increases the ticking frequency given the corner aggression. Does not make the same noise while turning right.

No stones stuck in the tires, last year this was a much difference sound coming from the same area, not really ticking. But harder to describe.

Comments ?

I had a sound in my 1M a couple of weeks ago.
When I turned right it made a click sound, it was a hard sound, specially when the car was cold. But it only cliked once thru the turn and always clicked on the same angle of the stearing.
The car was almost brand new so I took it to the BMW shop and they lifted the car and took of a lid on the bottom. The technician figured it out right away.

There is a little black bootie that covers some components in the direction. The bootie was too compressed and it made that sound while stearing. They changed the bootie and the problem was 100% solved.

Maybe you can give that a try.

P.S. I hope I explained the bootie deal good enough. its kind of hard explaining this things in english. good luck
Appreciate 0