View Single Post
      08-28-2015, 11:29 PM   #68
135TX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschnell View Post
OK, couple of set backs that have kept me from posting up. First, the mirrors, looks like I got the 5 pin non Lin-Bus version when I needed the 3 pin.

I was willing to compromise on auto fold and dip, but it's not an option if you have those features stock. Funny, the mirror assembly is not much more expensive, but the mirrors alone are north of $600 alone.

The company I bought it from took them back, and now I need to re-think if the mirror mod is worth it.

Next the wheels. Some have seen this already but let me say it again for anyone doing the conversion, the rear axle is wider on the 135i then it is on the 1m or m3 by about 10 mm per side.

I had picked up a beautiful set of 18" BC mono-forged wheels, 9.5 et 20 10.5 et 25. The front work perfect with 265 but the rear sticks out just too much. 10.5 will easily fit as will 285 + width, but the offsets will have to be in the et 35 to 40 range.

So it looks like I'm going to have to sell these
Idk if your interested or have thought about it but you can do a rear hub conversion from a 130i and loose 10mm offset.
609 w/free shipping. You could keep those gorgeous wheels...

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2762929/
Just food for thought
You'll never regret pursuing what you really want....ever. You will, however, regret NOT doing things you wanted to do.
Appreciate 0