View Single Post
      01-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #1
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Garage Valet Chipped My Paint - Options

My office building outsources a valet company because the parking garage doesn't have enough space for the employees. Not a big deal since they probably handle a fifth of the cars in our building. However, upon picking up my car last night and returning home I noticed a nice chip in my rear bumper. I even had a clear bra on the back bumper but the attendant backed up hard enough into the concrete wall where the film ripped and took the paint with it.

I come in this morning, spoke with the manager and filed a claim. Not sure if these a$$clowns will even pay out but assuming they do, not sure how I want to go about this.
  1. Respraying bumper seems ridiculous for a chip and the car is only 4 months. Plus I'd have to remove surrounding film.
  2. Drop off at my dealer who has their PDR & paint touch-up guy come in, hopefully he can just fix that 1 spot without having to lift the entire film.
  3. Keep the cash, use for mod money

I'm extremely an@l when it comes to my car. Option 3 seems most practical but seeing that chip everyday would piss me off. What would you do?

Last edited by 3002 tii; 01-29-2014 at 10:35 PM..
Appreciate 0