View Single Post
      04-08-2008, 08:27 PM   #11
rajuncajun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I'm not sure about Dinan. Yes the tune is top notch but the whole warranty thing is something of a misnomer. Read it CAREFULLY. Dinan has "outs" they will excercise. Plus, at this point in time, I don't want to be beholden to one tune. Over time, the tunes will be become better, especially as the bolt-ons become more prevalent. This all adds up to the "value" arguement against Dinan. Dinan has already had 2 years to create a package for the N54 and they haven't done all that much. Lastly, my whole interest in hot-rodding cars is modifying the car myself with available parts to make it run better than the high dollar tuners. Learn from their designs, but make it better. That's what makes me feel good about my cars. Actually, my target is to run with my buddies modified 2007 GT500. I've driven it several times, and it does bring back memories of all my Camaros. BUT, Even with 540hp, it doesn't feel that fast. I could be wrong, but I think I can make the 135i run as fast with the right mods. Even if I go with Dinan, it will be because Dinan makes the commitement to the car with the proper value add.
Appreciate 0