11-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #13
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
How do you think the sound will be mated to the maddad midpipes?
That was a question I was asking to myself too; I like the way Maddad mids sound, they are so good and loud there is almost no need for an aftermarket muffler. However, I decided finally that this might be an issue when you mate it with a muffler because unless a magical chemistry develops either the new muffler or Maddad sound should compromise/cloud the other one, With the N55 I thought there should be less of this problem because a) I loved the way Evolve-Supersprint exhaust sounded and wanted to keep it as much as possible b) N55 mids are much less louder than Maddads but arguably the other affects (flow, dronelessness, response etc.) are comparable c) They are also close to half price of Maddads. So I thought N55 must be a safer bet for me to mate with Evolve or any other muffler because they wouldn't compromise the sound characteristic of the new muffler and just enhance it a bit with more burbles and a deeper tone. This is what exactly happened in my case.

If I would want the exhaust set louder from bottom to top I would go with Maddad but I would never know if the final result would be very good or not, probably would be good since they both sound great. In some cases like Maddad plus Akra, Maddad plus Borla I think they combine more naturally and the results are great. It is really what you want from your new set up, you want louder all around go with Maddad, you want a calmer sound till 4000 rpm and want to guarantee that rear muffler sound will not be altered too much then go with N55.

The irony with Maddads is they are "too" good and too distinct so the question is why they should be mated with any muffler but then they alone are not "that good"
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0