View Single Post
      04-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #16
CptSlow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Glad to hear it cause you're a few weeks ahead of me on the whole "downsizing" thing that while at times sounds good in theory, I worry that in practice, once I'm living with the change, that I might somehow be disappointed. I'm 99% sure I'm doing the right thing though. Going to be a bit of an adjustment, that's for sure. And everything on the idrive controller is backwards compared to the Audi MMI, so I kept scrolling in the wrong direction.

I had the same reservations as you. I spent several weeks looking at alternatives to the M3 (335i, 328i, TTS, A5, wait for the CLA, used S4, GTI, Golf R, etc). Two reasons led me to this; I live in the city, mostly city drive, and really don't drive that often.

The 135is actually kinda popped up by accident, and fit the bill perfectly. I'm cutting my car expense in half, and have a car that is loads of fun, but much easier in day to day city driving. (135is DCT v M3 6MT). As I said in the other thread, I'll save my thoughts on the comparison in driving dynamics until I get a little more seat time in the 1.

Having said all that though. I'll be very surprised if you regret your decision. I don't.
2011 E82 128i STEP (wife's car)
2007 E92 335i (SOLD) 6MT
Appreciate 0