Thread: values
View Single Post
      09-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #16
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

The way I see it is that it will likely depreciate less than a comparable car that is not as rare.

How I am using mine, and it sounds like you will use yours the exact same way (DD + DEs), I don't expect it to be worth more than what I paid. I never really expected it to. I love this car and it is perfect for my uses. Any added value is icing on the cake.

There are plenty of us that track the 1M. It is highly capable in the right hands, even in stock or relatively stock form. The biggest difference from your evo will be RWD. RWD + torque + the short wheel base create a car that is somewhat tail happy. I would recommend holding off on the power mods until you are comfortable with it in stock form (power wise). I would add stainless brake lines, better brake pads, high temp brake fluid and camber plates right off the bat. For track wheels look at Apex, they offer 18s in square or staggered configurations for our cars that are light, strong, good looking and not terribly expensive.

The fuel pump should not be an issue. Very few 1Ms have experienced fuel pump failure that was common in the earlier production 135s that had the N54. The engine does like to get hot at the track on hotter days. Depending on the climate you live in, you may want to take certain precautions to ensure you don't over heat and go into limp mode (upgraded oil cooler, thicker oil, water wetter and don't take the car to redline).
Appreciate 0