05-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #3140
morningscifi
Null
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
I've tried/used a few products so have some good opinions probably. What's funny is I have the bmw interior cleaner too as I threw it in on an online order cause I needed to spend $4 more to get free shipping. Never used it though.

I would suggest going with einszett cockpit premium probably as it cleans/protects really well and leaves it COMPLETELY matte so adds no finish whatsoever. It works great on the nav screen and stainless steel pedals, too. It does have a kinda pine sol smell that bothered me as i'm hyper-sensitive to smell, but a lot of people really like the smell. So, I now use auto finesse spritz which is very similar, but smells nicer to me with a nice hint of vanilla. I don't think it works quite as well though and I think dust accumulates a little faster compared to the cockpit premium. A lot of people use 303 also, but I have never tried it.

I've always looked at the "modular bargains" website as well for those diffusers and they're tempting. Why their pictures to display the product include a 128 with the quad diffuser on there when it only has exhaust on one side always makes me laugh, too. I don't know that I've seen people's reviews of it on the forum either. Mostly just see the icarbon ones they stopped making and then ebay ones from china which I'll pass on.

this makes the einszett a no-go for me too. i really don't want any strong smelling anything in the car as it still smells new so not sure about the vanilla either!
2013 135is | Le Mans Blue | #542 / 586
Appreciate 0