View Single Post
      08-31-2009, 04:11 AM   #123
kc_skyrider
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i M-Sport

As advertised I never threw the Shadow fault on map 5 with intake and downpipes. Went to map 7 and sure enough a shadow fault for the fuel pump. I recently had a problem with my headlights not working. I took the car into the BMW dealer and had them look at them. I didn't feel like shooting wires or taking the car apart to find where the headlight control module is located. They first tried looking my fault up using their computer and the OBD port. It didn't take them long and they came to me in a panic, stated someone had modified my car and they they were pulling it out of the shop so I could leave immediatly. No charge just leave right away. I had cleared all faults with the BT and I made sure to get the shadow faults as well, I also used a BT scanner purchased from burger-tuning so I know I have the right thing. Some how with the JB3 on a stock map and showing no codes they found the tuner while looking for a headlight fault. They did not remove the ECU cover and they were not talking about my intake and down pipes.. they specifically said my ECU had been modified, they could not diagnose my problem or continue work on my car. I love my JB3 and knew when I bought this car I would not be staying within the lines required for a warranty. So no lose for me but be warned. I recommend you remove any tuner or flash before you take your car in reguardless of what service you are getting done. Or else you can lose your warranty.
My car is a 06/09 build definatly a MSD81 BT tool was used to scan clear and confirm all faults. and the car remained on stock map all the way to the BMW dealer.
Appreciate 0