12-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Post Eisenmann "SPORT" Exhaust

Just purchased the Eisenmann "SPORT" Exhaust, so I guess I am going to be "the canary in the coal mine" since no on else has purchased/installed or even heard this system. The OEM system is pretty loud straight from the box. In fact it is by far the most aggressive sounding OEM exhaust I have ever had on any previous M car I've owned before. My E90 M3 was 'Civic' quiet in comparison. My goal is that this system changes the tone without getting too loud. Regardless, the quality of the Eisenmann is superior to the OEM and it will tuck under the rear valence nicely. A few extra hp's maybe, but not expecting huge gains.

The Eisenmann "Sport" will increase sound levels over OEM system by ~3db's but should be 1/3 the volume of the "Race" system. I plan to do the Akrapovič downpipes next and then finally an ESS tune to round out the performance mods. The system should be here shortly after Christmas and on the car early January. I will update with pics/video and my evaluation at various loads and RPM's.

Would like to thank Josh, Gregg, Scott and Sean at VIVID Racing(in AZ for hooking me up: http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/e...=27&class_8=28
Of course thanks to Ilia and Nate at IND for your help as well!

This clip was recorded with an iPhone 4s after 2k mile break-in on the exhaust.

Sound Levels/Decibel Ratings
Eisenmann exhausts are available in two sound levels.

Decibel levels as compared to the OEM factory exhaust:

Sport exhaust: + 3db
Race exhaust: + 10db

Slip-on System Features
Rear muffler section with 4 x 83mm tips
Connecting Pipe
Full system weight: 35.6lbs

Eisenmann Exhaust Specifications
- Made in Germany
- 2 year warranty
- 100% light-weight T304/T306 stainless steel
- Top quality craftsmanship
- TUV certified (only SPORT sound level)
- DIN EN ISO 9001 certified
- CAD/CAM graphics and simulation design technology
- Laser CNC machining and sheet-metal processing

Last edited by mPlasticDesign; 08-06-2012 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0