02-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #14
BimmerMeUp
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalfitano View Post
Would be great to get rid of the sunroof, put a widebody kit on it, run some boost (sounds like a 1m, whoops).

Or of course, stick with D-Stock for a while, wait for some 1m's to become used, see how affordable they are (probably not very for awhile), and maybe in 3-4 years get in one.
Yeah, that damn sunroof. You forgot losing about 300 lbs and getting rid of weight up high. I bought two MINIs spec'ed to order (second one after the LSD came out) and neither had a sunroof. My wife doesn't like sunroofs (selling point of the 1M). Thanks BMW NA!

If I were to pull the fenders or otherwise change the body, then yeah, I probably should plan to run it out to >100K until it is time to sell it to some teenager with more funds than sense.

If I decide to get a 1M, I'd really like to repeat the ED experience I had with my 135i. It doesn't hurt that my sister and her wonderful family are living in Munich (they will probably be moving to Berlin this year, but that's just up the autobahn).

It doesn't look like my trailer hitch will transfer over from the 135i to the 1M (it ties to the rear cross bar just behind the diff, no such metal on the 1M) but adding a hitch to a 1M is kind of... not sure that is allowed.

So again, thanks for the tips above. After 2.5 years running DS, STU is looking more and more attractive (don't expect to be in the hunt, just go for a Sunday drive). I guess if I want to play with the ECU, I'll have to do that outside of competition. Too bad, seems like big bang for the bucks!
Appreciate 0