United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx View Post
Texas top mile

Not bad numbers, but I would have expected another 30 WHP delta from where it's at now, especially with DP's...

Thanks for the review
Yeah, I was expecting a bit more too, but I think the temps really killed me. It was 90 degrees that day and my previous dyno was done in 70 degree temps. I was logging the runs with my BT tool and saw intake temps up to 165, so the heatsoak was killing me. That and the 91 octane we get here in Cali doesn't help.

Anyway, I just put in the Code 3 intercooler I picked up from Harold, so I need to get back to the dyno and give it another go. Hopefully I'll see some pretty decent gains. I might also try switching around the intake (back to stock and then maybe a dual cone set up) to see if there is really any difference. I'll have to buy a DCI first and then see if the shop minds the extra time and runs it would take to do the comparison.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0