bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
I got my wheels yesterday and opened up two of the four and I must say I am very happy. The packing was very good. Two wheel boxes packed into one bigger box which gives is an extra layer of cardboard. The individual wheels had a think fabric cover on the face surrounded by a very cool plastic protector ring and an extra cardboard cushion on top. The plastic is a very cool touch. The Anthracite color looks much better in real life than in pictures. For some reason it comes across as very dark in pictures but it has a clearcoat glimmer that is very nice in person. Thanks to Joe at APEX!

I went ahead and got the 18x9 ET 31 front and 18x10 ET 25 rear. I am 51% leaning to stock M3 sizes (245/40/18 and 265/40/18) . Joe mentions I would be giving up some sidewall response with 265 on 9" and 285 on 10 and this is worrying me a bit so I'm leaning to the stock sizes unless someone here has personal experience with this setup that could confirm that the sidewall response degradation is not significant.

Thanks again to everyone here... including Joe and Advevo!
If you're autocrosing and not addressing the lack of front-end camber then the degradation I feel is insignificant. Also, unless you prefer understeer bias, then I stray away from stock sizes.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0