View Single Post
      09-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
arok
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i M-Sport

BMW Performance Wing Owners - Satisfied?

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to post my experience with my BMW Performance rear carbon lip wing. Like most other people, I paid my premium to receive this tiny piece of carbon fiber (which undoubtedly makes the car look cooler and +10hp )...

However, I feel that the quality of the product doesn't justify the price. List price being >$400 and some vendors selling it in the low $300's. I ordered mine from United BMW like many people here. Dan has been incredible with his customer service. With that said... My first wing came broken . It seems that the guys at United BMW did a good job packing it (in a HUGE box) and that the box wasn't really damaged. The wing came with a huge... "crack" in the middle. Pictures below...

Now whether it be BMW Quality inspection (or lack thereof) or damage from shipping, it's understandable to see it once. Thanks again to Dan for getting a new wing out to me ASAP.

Now the next kicker in this story is that my 2nd wing has a little bit of a defect too... On the very edge of the wing there's a 3-4mm "white line" to best describe it. It would look almost like a scratch or when you have a little streak of wax on your car that you haven't buffed off, but it's under the clear sealant or whatever is used to seal the carbon fiber. It's just not enough worth returning or unmounting from my car now that I found it, but it just bugs me a little that BMW of all manufacturers could possibly charge this much for a product that isn't of excellent construction. Am I alone here, or have others felt/experienced the same?