Jatterbu
Registered
Rep
Drives: E28 M5, E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
Seems like the Burton 128i got 3rd place at COTA

http://www.grand-am.com/scheduleResu...eid=3476&sid=2

The mitchum 128i got 27th and last. Wonder what happened Didn't get to watch race sadly : (

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evice View Post
I watched it on Speed 2. It was one hell of a finish. Miatas were really fast at the Esses but was lacking topend so 128 was pulling on them on straights. Additionally on tighter turns 128 looked twitchy, maybe a setup issue.

About Mitchum 128; I am so f.ing mad how they got t-boned....it is utter stupid what that mustang/camaro guy did...you guys will watch it on TV soon but at T1 they got hit so hard that I felt it on my seat... Actually I am amazed how that car actually kept going.... Props to Mitchum team keeping the car running.
Guys, sorry I have been a bit absent over the race weekend. The weekend certainly didn't go as planned for the Mitchum Motorsports team. The cars were getting up to speed trying to get our gentlemen and amateur drivers as much seat time as possible for the race before the pro's took over.

The brand new #63 car, this build thread, did great all weekend before toasting a clutch within the first few laps. The team was able to cool it down, bleed it and get it back out to finish the race, but several laps down.

The #62 car had a bit of a different issue that was a common problem throughout the weekend...lack of other driver talent. It made SPEED Center's #4 crazy moment this weekend, not sure if that's a good thing Here is the link:

http://www.speedtv.com/video/newest/...-2201450714001

I race professionally for Jack Roush in the Roush Performance #51 BOSS 302R, and we had an even more rough weekend. It started on the first day when I was t-boned at 100+mph in T1, almost identical to the Mitchum incident except the Aston hit me square in the door and shoveled me rather than hitting the rear and able to spin me around. It bent the car, bent the roll cage door bars, collapsed the side of the car under the pedals where my feet were and hit me so hard that it stuck the throttle and put me in the outside wall.

Here you can see how much it pushed in the car, the front wheel is straight and undamaged.

To make matters worse, we went to a backup car, had clutch problems the entire 2nd day. My codriver Shelby Blackstock did great, handed me a car and we were running in 7th when we ran out of gas with 1 lap to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
thats crap
Hope its salvagable
Yes the car is salvageable, it is at the bodyshop right now getting repaired to go to Barber for the next race.

For all that have sent me e-mails, I will be responding to them today. Thanks and let me know if you guys have questions!

Joey
Appreciate 0