07-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #54
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkdog View Post
...I felt it necessary to post because it seems like everyone wants to avoid the most tedious part of the job (bleeding the system) and is avoiding it by saying it's not necessary.

...I have not yet done the mod because I am not yet sure I have the knowhow/tools/confidence to do it right and am planning on helping a friend do his brakes first so I can go through the bleeding process first. I know it is a simple mod but simplicity is relative. I view "you don't have to bleed the system" with the same level of understanding as "you can wait 15,000 miles between oil changes"...

Just because someone posts something - do not believe it! There is no way you can replace or pull out the CDV without bleeding the hydraulic line to the clutch. I know I have seen some post you can... but you should not buy into that crap. IF you want your clutch to work 100% correct... BLEED YOUR CLUTCH!

I would HIGHLY recommend a "pressure bleeder" like the Motive unit before tackling this job. Its a real PITA job without using a pressure bleeder! Especially if you run the clutch slave feed line dry!! With a pressure bleeder there is no chance of that happening.

Here is how to replace or remove the factory CDV on a 135i. Its teh same for a 1M.

CDV delete DIY thread... (see page #5 for my photos)
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...cdv+delete+diy

Dackel
Appreciate 0