Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW135*Guy View Post
Did you just add a sub to the existing stock system? If so, how does it all come together with the stock mids/highs? Does everything compliment eachother?
Yep and like you wouldn't believe, man. I have a close friend that's a long-time audio fanatic (both car and home). He's very particular and even sometimes "snooty" about his gear. He has told me on more than one occasion that this is the best "stock-ish" system he's ever heard. Between BMW building such a nicely laid out system, the car being so free of rattles (compared to most) and the W7/amp/enclosure all working so well together, it sounds AWESOME.

Also, I had considered running both the Earthquake subs combined with the JL Audio W7 to fill things out even more... But, honestly, there's absolutely no need.

Lastly, many have questions whether this sub is too much, but the W7 isn't built for making a ton of 'noise' like many other big-boy subs out there. While it's completely capable of rattling your brain, it's EXTREMELY capable of producing quality sound, as well. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone (hint: you can pick up a 10W7 and 500/1 on Craigslist VERY reasonably).
Appreciate 0