View Single Post
      01-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #26
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

Interesting.

He says its ugly. Yup. No news here. So is the e30 M3. Driver's cars (135) are not always the prettiest cars (A5), its the performance that counts.

He says the suspension isn't up to BMW standards. Wonder if he has driven the e90 M3, because ALL NEW BMWs have soft suspensions that are not up to what many of us consider 'BMW standards.'

He says it feels less stable than a 3 series while admitting that it actually is more stable. OK. Maybe he just doesn't know how to drive? The 1 is floaty but it sticks.

Now the interior thing just boggles the mind. I always get a 3 series loaner when my 1 is in, usually one with less than 1000 miles. Goddamn that hunk of plastic that goes all they way across the dash in the 3 is UGLY. Apparently he wants a bunch of buttons and flashy lights, like the 370. Me, I like it spartan. Flashy lights don't keep drivers entertained for very long.

And then he says he will take a Crimson Red 328. My kid sister would call that car prissy.

"For the driving enthusiast who wants the complete package at this price point, the 328i is where it's at."

Someone buy this guy a Kia Rio, he will LOVE IT.

Appreciate 0