View Single Post
      01-06-2009, 02:22 AM   #33
993 911
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z3M, F31, G07

Last time I checked this car is NOT about interior room, especially the lack of luxury in the backseat that is intended for small children and lower insurance rates.

This car is mostly compared to cars with no backseats at all (Cayman/Boxster, 350/370, Z4) or a "track-tuned" sedan.

Ugly? Yeah, its not the sexiest car in stock form, especially as a 128i, but there are certainly less beautiful cars on showroom floors right now. Every 135i I've seen has actually been stunning, and I've gotten far more compliments on my car than my previous M3. It really does look good on the road.

Poor handling? Upgrade it (although I find it better than my 335ic in stock form). BMW blessed us with a car that would be easy to upgrade (and easy to lose a warranty on). A lot of media people tend to forget this car is BMW's way of taking "tuners" away from the Japanese market and giving us a great blueprint for a track/auto-x beast. High roof? Bad lines? Blame EU-DOT regulations, it would have been to expensive and heavy to make the car look much different while keeping the room it does have right now. I enjoy the back seat and trunk, and compared to my E36 it seems quite spacious.

This guy is a prick. I love my 1.
Appreciate 0