United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BSM 135i (COBB STG 1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
Now after you chip this car supposedly its a whole different story. He showed me a dyno he did where he's laying down over 200+ HP and 250 lb/ft of torque. Even at the front wheels he claims it let him run the 1/4 at 13.9s at a local track while the best I can do is 14.8s (admittedly I'm not that skilled at the track though)..
Yezzir, I've chipped my GTI and it's hands-down the best bang for the buck performance mod you can make to the car. The stage 1 upgrade puts the 2.0T at 250hp and just under 300 ft-lbs of torque. I'm loving the power that I have at lower gears now and the "getting pushed into the seat" feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
All and all I'm not disappointed I didn't get a GTI over the 128i one bit but it has dawned on me that it cost a whole lot more.

Hope that helps
It does help, thanks for the info. Your track times are a pretty good indication of some of the differences between our cars. Though I've never driven one, I'm sure that the 128i has a smoother/more comfortable ride. That said, from the rest of the threads here, I don't think i'll enjoy going to a slower (albeit not much slower) car. It's going to have to be a 135i
Appreciate 0