View Single Post
      05-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

HP Autowerks, Inc. Introduction of our 1 Series M Coupe New photos added!

As you have probably seen by now in our other threads, we have finally taken delivery of our new 1M! As soon as I drove it off the lot, there were noticeable differences from our N55 based 135i DCT. For those that don’t know, the 1M is outfitted with a N54 engine paired to a 6 speed manual transmission. I haven’t fully been able to open the car up yet because for the first 1,200 miles the car is limited to 5,500 rpms, however, I haven’t taken it over 4,000.

The M button makes a big difference in the car. The throttle response quickens and the whole car becomes more responsive. Also, in comparison to a manual 135i, the shifter throws are much shorter. The brakes are fantastic although we have plans to improve.

We have some big plans for this car that will improve the overall performance. There won’t be as much development in this car at first because most of the modifications that we brought to market first for the E82/E9X (M front control arms, sway bars, rear subframe bits, etc) are already on this car. That’s why this car is such a great buy, especially with the amount of rubber we will be able to get under the fenders.

Our plans to start off with the 1M are:

*AST 4200’s w/custom SWIFT spring rates and camber plates.
*Borla Exhaust System
*GIAC Performance Engine Software
*Recaro Leather/Suede Centered Pole Positions w/matching stitching (not a
huge fan of the orange stitching but it will be continued to flow with the
rest of the interior)
*Stoptech Trophy Sport Big Brake System Front and Rear

There are a few other tricks up our sleeves but we will save those until they are closer to fruition. Subscribe to our thread to keep up to date with our build and look for us at Bimmerfest. We won’t have a booth this year but we will have both the 135i and 1M there.

Here are a few quick photos of the car.
Attached Images

Last edited by HP Autosport; 06-16-2011 at 11:29 PM..
Appreciate 0