View Single Post
      10-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #12
LotusBoy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M, N55, KW's DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit View Post
@int2str - it's the thought that counts,... thx.

@LotusBoy - I had camber plates on my e36, and ran -2.0 on the street, -3.0 on the track. At -2.0 on the freeway, an errant sneeze could send you into the next lane. Is that what you mean about tradeoff in steering feel? Is to too sensitive to steering wheel input now? And, did you do any 'modification' or pin removal to get to -1.2 camber?

@Hobbe - same mod question for you,...
No modification was needed to get to -1.2, just the new alignment I had done after installing KW's DDC suspension. -1.45 also possible without any technical mod. Basically, more camber gives more bite to your front axle which is nice on track but as it kills understeer, it will make the car even more oversteery under power... I'd add this: BMW engineers and test drivers spent 20 months setting the car up. The result, as always, is a compromise between everyday drivability, safety and track performance. As I discovered when I was karting, fettling here and modding there can become an endless circle, the only way out being sometimes to go back to your "initial" set-up. And then noticing that it feels so much better, even though you lost a fraction on the lap times ...
Appreciate 0