Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Camber plates. Sorry..

I even went with used R tires in an attempt to not destory street tires.
That wasnt enough of a bargain as I still couldnt justify my corded R tires after a few weekends.

You won't get *near* -2 without camber plates so just get them
With camber plates you can start PS2/PSS $aving$ immediately.

Vorshlag plates will give you up to -2.8 and are available for STOCK suspension. I personally beat up Terry Fair and had them make them for you (and me!)...

So... how is the car with Camber plates vs stock?

I have two friends that drove my 1M (completely stock save Arc-8s 18x 10 all around with Hankoook RS-3 plus Vorshslag camber plates) and they both said that my car is AWESOME. They also said my car is WAY faster than their car on track..

what's The catch....? what is their car you ask? well... They BOTH own and drive a 1M.
No,.... I'm sorry, clearly. I'm not sure which fucking manual I should have read. Perhaps lifehackers guide to 1M hacking.

I had coilovers and camber plates (vorshlag) on my previous e36. While I did enjoy playing w/ the height and the plates the one time I actually did, I only made it to a proper race track once. And on stock tires. At -3 degrees my front tires' shoulders held up surprisingly well to Big Willow in 100 deg heat.

So - I'm looking for a setup that is budget conscious given the tinkering and track time I'll have. Which means,... if I don't have to blow $500 (1M camber plates) and $2k on a second set of wheels/tires for a couple track track days, AND can avoid totally destroying $600 worth of tires, then great! Sounds to me like something in the range of -1.5 to -2.0 could fit that bill.

And it looks likes folks on this thread are getting around this range w/out camber plates.
Appreciate 0