View Single Post
      12-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #112
dean_g
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW F80 M3

havent read most of this .. skimmed through a few posts. you guys with the 135's need to stop be happy with the car you have and give up on this battle because at the end of the day you still have a 135 (which is an amazing car but not quite a 1M.)

Point #1 -- the 1M is a prestigious car solely on the fact that there is a limited number.

Point #2 -- are you guys really going to argue and say that a 135 is faster with after market parts and a tune. -- come on now. i can go out buy a honda civic for 5 grand put in 40k worth of work and have a car that can take on your the 135 and 1M all day on the track in a straight line.

Point #3 -- You guys could also start up the argument that an e9x m3 isn't worth it ! ... you know i could just go buy myself a used 335 change suspension, get lsd, tune it, change the tires and then I can beat an m3 also. but at the end of the day it will still be a 335 or a 135 or a honda civic (not saying any of those are bad cars! but just saying they aren't M worthy)

Done with my little rant.

Oh and for the record.

I have owned an e92 m3 -- an n54 135i and -- now awaiting the 1M.

On a side note. when i had both the m3 and the 135 -- i said plenty of times .. man if only i could combine these two cars it would be the ideal car. ... GUESS BMW HEARD ME

Best,
Chris
Appreciate 0