Colonel
Rep
Drives: the silver bullet

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubo View Post
If you count Auto-X

Actually I am almost there with track prep and I will try to do an event probably around October if time will allow. Car is is currently having all bushing changed to either solid aluminum or spherical bearings currently then it is and auto-x time to get the alignment right.

I am about 80% done with gutting it. There are still some metal pieces I can cut away and then redo the wiring as there is lots of unwanted wires currently laying around. Goal is to have this thing around 2800 pounds fully fueled up with me and the cage included. This thing is seriously down on power compered to the 1er so weight reduction was a must and next you know this thing turned into a track car build . Now I need to convince the wife that I will need another daily. Preferable one that can tow

The thing that I love the most thought is how much clearance there is to run fat tires. Currently rolling around on 295s all around and I didn't even need to get the fender roller out. Rear diff and sub frame bushings were seriously deteriorated so I was afraid to take it out on the track, but I can't wait to try the limits of adhesion in this thing. Currently looking for event at thunderbolt mid October or later to test the limits. Hopefully my work schedule will allow.

Lots of things planned for this car but we will see how things play out, but I will be back in BMW hopefully pretty soon.
sounds like you got your self a nice project going there! I am sure the solid aluminum bushings would help with my complaint of rear suspension numbness. have to figure what's the best way to get more feel from the rear suspension. maybe racing seats with a harness can get me more tied down so I can feel more through my butt. half the fun is figuring this stuff out.

btw, I thought the Z's pack around 300 hp. in a 2800 lbs car that should be pretty fast. planning on any aero?