07-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #10
Chandon
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy View Post
Thanks mate. You'll get to hear it first hand at the next Vineyard meet I hope.

What a compliment, thank you. It's actually Plastidipped rather than painted using a colour that I made with Gun Metal Grey and black Tinter. I ran into problems wrapping it because of the matt finish of the diffuser; the wrap stuck but it looked like it wouldn't be so durable in terkms of adhesion so in this case I'd recommened anyone wishing to wrap their Rieger Diffuser to buy the gloss black painted diffuser so that a wrap has a finish to bond to. Proper paint also wasn't guaranteed to work as this kind of plastic often excreets silicone over time which could cause the paint to flake.

The Plastidip worked great with no complaints during the application and despite it's rubbery feel it actually looks as good as standard paint. The Gun Metal Grey is more like a primer colour grey, very light so it needed deepening quite a bit with the tinter. I think over in the U.S you can buy straight Charcoal Grey in rattle cans now which which are only available at Dip Your Car who do not ship overseas; that'd make it easier for anyone over there wanting to do the same. All of the paint was topped with two coats of glossifier.

I kind of feel like dipping the whole car pearl white next; it's kind of theraputic.

Of course, it's no secret. They cost £60 per wheel inclusive of tax (20%) which translates into around $400 of your finest Australian Dollars or $370 American. I don't know if that's good value but then again the UK isn't cheap!
Ah, quite cheap considering powercoat here costs around 500 AUD.
Thanks for that
Appreciate 0