Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post

His point, and my original point was not to compare the two cars or to invite criticism of the 2. He is asking if a positive review of the 2er and the lack of recognition to the 1er offends anyone. I do not think any review of the 2er should cost anything from the 1er. I think the 2er is a great car for what it is ( again not comparing to the 1er in my original post, only did so after your opened that discussion) and that we can respect new and previous models without feeling like the new models are insults to the previous as we so commonly see on m3post vs m4post
yes i realise that....however i feel the 2er is more a product of marketing and 'hype' than it is substance. I don't see a lot of substance that wasn't there before. The M235i is a recycled 135is....and the 228 is a 4 cylinder generic BMW in the most generic way possible.....my point is that the media have created the 'fuss'...IMO the car itself is not as interesting as a "NEW" idea as the media make it out to be.

do i think the M235i is still a 'good car'...maybe. but it's too heavy...too ugly....and has ruined one of the best parts of the 135, IMO...the heavy steering feel.
Appreciate 0