08-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #32
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
yes i realise that....however i feel the 2er is more a product of marketing and 'hype' than it is substance. I don't see a lot of substance. The M235i is a recycled 135is....and the 228 is a 4 cylinder generic BMW in the most generic way possible.....my point is that the media have created the 'fuss'...IMO the car itself is not as interesting as the media make it out to be.

do i think the M235i is still a 'good car'...maybe. but it's too heavy...too ugly....and has ruined the best part of the 135, IMO...the steering.
thats a fair point and I agree with your personal sentiments toward the 2er. I wont buy one for the same reasons you wont. But understanding that the cars are meant to sell to the masses, who do not share our same tastes, it is a great car for them. I honestly believe the design is meant to be more conservative than the e82. The E82 design is very polarizing. People love it or they hate it. The 2er will have a lot more mass appeal.

I agree with OP it is funny to see people write about the 2er almost as if they are discovering the e82 for the first time but it doesn't annoy me or make me enjoy my e82 any less.
Appreciate 0