08-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #39
128Convertibleguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 128 Covertible

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
a 128i and a 135i in factory form in opinion need a ton of work. Run Flats, Oversteer, rubbery rear end combined with no LSD etc. etc. I honestly feel the m235i is a better out of the box car than the 135i ever was and I LOVE THE E82 platform and have zero intentions of buying a 2 series.

I do not think it is fair to discredit the 2 series as a poor car. I think it is a great car and it will absolutely serve as a solid introduction level bmw. My main point in my original post is the attitude people have toward new cars and how defensive people get over their current cars of the previous gen.
+1. I'll always be annoyed at how much effort and money it took to make my 128 suspension/wheels/tires work well. And I didn't go for ultimate grip, either.

The M235i is clearly a better car, stock against stock, than a standard 135i. The run flatted 228i was picked as second to an Audi A3 by Car and Driver. I think they're right.

You shouldn't have to mod the "ultimate driving machine" to make it one. That's the standard by which the M235i wins.
Appreciate 0