Rep
Drives: '11 135i M Sport

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'16 Ford Hatchback  [0.00]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
to me, i can't agree with that logic. The M235i, in standard form, is equipped JUST like the 135is was (am using the 135is as it is the closest stock package). In fact one could argue the brakes in the 135 were better than the M235i (6 piston brembos vs. 4 pistons). NO LSD in either car in stock form......same power, with the 135is weighing less (150+ pounds less) Same engine (N55) with the same power (~320hp) and the same manual gearbox----BUT in terms of autoboxes; with an inferior 8 speed ZF as compared to the better (and more expensive to produce) DCT.

You guys are buying into the marketing machine more than the actual abilities of these cars. About the only thing the M235i had an advantage out of the box is that it can be equipped with PSS tires. That's all is see. The more 'modern' things in it like electric steering and adjustable suspension are shortcomings in many people's books.

There are several reviews i've read saying that the new car is NOT as raw as the old 135......for me that is a big issue seeing as one of the best features of the 1er, in my book, is its simplicity and rawness. It's raucous nature.
+1

lets not forget that you cant option the 2 series without the navigation system and fake interior engine sound...
Appreciate 0