View Single Post
      03-26-2008, 12:04 AM   #1
DarkSky
Rep
Drives:

BMW 128i Convertible w/pics - one sweet ride!

Hey, I just took delivery on Monday of my BMW 128i convertible and WOW! I was told I'm the FIRST one in Charlotte, NC
to get their 128i convertible. :-)

Pics are below..

When I got to the dealership Monday, this was the first time I'd seen the 128 in person and wasn't sure exactly what to expect. The back seat - it is a tight fit! So much so, I actually had 'em bring up a 3 series convertible before I signed on the dotted line, and compared them. Surprisingly, the 128i's back seat seems to be only slightly
smaller/more snug than the 3. Both are tight fits actually.

I was also very surprised when I compared trunk size (with the top down) on both cars -- to sum it up, there is NO COMPARISON - way more room (as expected in the 1 series, since it's a soft-top convertible). I also think the 1 series a better looking car (at least to my eye, I'm sure opinions vary) compared with the 3.

I very happily completed my purchase and drove my 128i home. I am amazed at the way this car drives - incredible handling, and lots of power (compared to my old Z4). I went with the 128i over the 135i as I didn't even want to think about a turbo repair down the road (after it's out of warranty).
Those 135i's though have gotta be amazing.

Options ordered: Zeon headlights, Satellite Radio, Grey Poplar & Grey Boston leather interior, Steptronic, and body color: Titanium Silver Metallic - which I'll tell you right now: ABSOLUTELY GLOWS. I looked at some other colors on the lot for 128's (not convertibles). The red look pretty orangish even in daylight, and the blue was not to my liking. Surprisingly I thought black looked better on the 3 series vs the 1 series, but not sure why - to me, it should've looked great on both. Alpine White is very nice but I'm in
love with my titanium silver.

Got mine at Hendricks BMW in Charlotte - outstanding experience, these guy's rock!

I am looking forward to some long drives! See my pics below..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0