09-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #1076
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i (March delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTNJNQ View Post
Probably because people look at sites like Redbook and think what your asking might be too much. I know your car is fully optioned however, people are not will to pay a premium for the options/extras.

http://www.redbook.com.au/used-cars/...d=1324891B33DF

Having worked for Carsales Ltd for some years (Carsales own Redbook), the price guides on Redbook should be taken with a grain of salt. The issue in particular with luxury cars is that they don't take into account any of the options one can get from the factory. Hell, they don't even list the 125i M Sport, which is a huge step up from the base model. Considering that a base model 125i in 2008 cost $55,000 and is now worth up to $40,000, one could expect that a fully optioned 125i that cost $72,000 would now be worth up to $50,000, depending on kms on the clock. There's actually a 2009 125i at a dealership in Melbourne with 66,000kms on it, and they're asking $54,000, and it's Sedona Red - not a very popular colour.

My options list is conclusive, and the car has only 45,000 kms. Surely there are savvy buyers out there who know what they're looking for in a car and see the value in mine. Why would someone buy a base model 125i for $40,000 with no M Sports body kit, no sports suspension, no bluetooth, no nav, no xenons, no sunroof, no nice rims, an average stereo, etc, when they can get a fully optioned one with far less kms for just a bit more?

I think I just have to wait for the right person to come along - this car is suited to an enthusiast, someone who loves the BMW brand and wants a 1 Series because it's a 1 Series, not just because they want a 2 door coupe. Someone like us!