06-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #15
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post

I can't wait to see the anodized version too. It looks like you did an amazing job. Did you incorporate a breather vent?

I'll give you a ring soon Peter to discuss all the details
Hey Vinney,

the "breather vent" is incorporated into the "Aero 300" cap, the relief valve is a function of the centre pin.

I'm not sure if Pete will be anodising any future tanks, as the anodising process is costly when doing a one-off and the facility that did the E92 tank that I recently sent to the US, was a pain to deal with to say the least.

If we had 4 or 5 tanks to do at once it wouldn't be as much of a problem, the cost would also be a lot more reasonable.

I believe he's considering going from 2.5 mm to 3 mm aluminium sheet to negate any concerns with Meth' induced corrosion.

For those guys that are not too keen on the raw look, black powder coating of the tank looks quite good too and it's cost effective.

Lastly Vinney could you please relay your average and maximum oil temps during your recent track day, I have a few potential customers that are looking for some real world track data of our Stage 2 oil cooler kit.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 06-12-2012 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0