04-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #64
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithbickford View Post
I wish we could find out who took these photos. If you look closely at the pipe in the smaller chamber, it looks like a hack weld job of a band covering where perforated holes may have existed, as seen in photos of unmodified 135i resonators. Are we certain this is a stock unmodified resonator? In the days of cutting costs, it seems odd that BMW would go through the extra work and expense of making a dummy resonator, especially when they offer an performance exhaust system for the 135i that has a y pipe in place of the resonator.
I know who took them: the friend of MY friend, that's who. Yes, I am certain it's a legit photo.

But hey.... why not take off your factory mid pipe and cut it apart? Then you will know for sure.

Only cars to get a "different" exhaust are the cars built for the Chinese market. Those car's get a quieter exhaust and only two of the four tail pipes really work. The other two are "dummies". There was an old thread when the 1M first came out how the inner(?) exhaust pipes were clean while the outer ones were dirty on Chinese market cars.

Dack
Appreciate 0